,

.

Happily Married!

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Welcome to Jemma's World!!

Moi!

Moi!
Me in Amsterdam

Wednesday 9 March 2011

Secret Chef

I had a really good day it was such a laugh!
I got to my dads house at about 10 and the producer was arriving at the same time as me (she was early!) and she gave me a briefing to what to expect.
Then at about 10.30 the camera men, sound guy & food economist arrived.
They miked me up & shot some opening bits & an interview. Then at about 12, they all except one camera man (Wayne) disappeared outside and i was told not to look out the window. They filmed the chef arriving and all that but i still wasnt able to know who it was...
They Lindsey (producer) came in and explained how to open the front door when the chef knocked (because that is such a hard thing to do! ) and then the chef knocked....
I opened the door exactly how i was told to & saw Phil Vickery! I had mixed feelings tbh... I was a bit gutted it wasnt gino but well excited it was Phil as he's quality!
He came in and then we had to retake it about 5 times from different angles!! LONG!!
After all that, Phil was chatting to me because he could see i was nervous and he's so down to Earth & normal! You'd think that someone on telly would be a bit up themselves but he wasnt at all!
He talked me through what we'd be making and was asking about past cooking experiences so he could touch on them whilst filming.
I done alot more of the actual cooking that i thought i would! I cut the lamb up, then peeled and chopped carrots and potatoes. We needed onions but Julia (food economist and aka Mary Poppins to me as she was amazing!) chopped all those.
I had to mix in all the ingredients into the casserole pot with Phil telling me how to do it all...
As i was mixing, the handles got hot so he gave me a tea towel to hold it with... Didnt think anything of it, was mixing away and all of a sudden the bloody tea towel started to burn! I was soooo embarrassed! So that was an on going joke throughout filming after that!
After the casserole was done, we started making hot goey chocolate fondant and we did it as a competition. I made 4 and Phil made 2... We'd serve 2 of mine & 2 of his and see which they liked better!
After making those, we put them in the fridge and stopped filming for a while. I expected Phil to keep himself to himself but he was sitting chatting with us all. They were all slating Jason Gardener! They were saying how he's a complete in real life as well as on camera! He asked someone to get him a drink whilst filming one day and when they asked him what he wanted he really put them down and said that he'd already stated he wanted a drink so they should be getting on with getting it rather than speaking to him. So the person went to buy a bottle of water, you cant go wrong with a bottle of water right... came back & Jason said "What is this? I don't do cold water! I only do room temperature! This wont do! Get another!" and sent the person off to get another. Apparently he was really rude!
They were also talking about some of the other celebrity chefs and saying how they are up their own arse! They came out with all these stories but didnt name any names :( Then Phil needed something from his bag & Lindsey said that it was upstairs & she'd get it and Phil was like "Don't be silly, i've got legs! I can get it myself! I'm Phil not Gino!" lol!
Anyways, when it was time to make the dumplings, he helped me make those and then it was nearly time for Dru, dad & Nicole to arrive so Mary Poppins cleaned up and Phil laid the table.
He was talking to me about my guests. Bless him, he was worried they wouldnt recognise him! I felt like saying, DUH you're Phil Vickery! People know you! But he was worried because he wasn't one of the "popular" chefs! I would of thought he was one of the popular ones. Obviously Gino is probably housewife's favourite but Phil's gotta be up there too?
Anyways, Nicole & Dad arrived first & they filmed them arriving etc... then dru.
They meal went really well! They all loved it! It actually tasted really nice! Phil was upstairs watching on the monitor in dad's room. Dru was asking me what was in the casserole & how i made it & Phil was well impressed that i remembered everything!
When it was nearly finished, i had to go & cook the puddings. They turned out amazing too!
When i asked which pudding was better, i didnt say which was mine or whatever but mine turned out better!
After the meal, i had to say that i had help from Phil & he came down stairs & had a chat with everyone.
After we finished filming, he stayed for an extra half hour/hour off his own back chatting to us all.
It couldnt of gone better (except for maybe the tea towel!).
It's going to be aired on 17th March (so next Thursday!!). They are going to send me the dvd once it has been shown so that'll be nice to keep! It'll be on their website too!

No comments:

Post a Comment